Image Map

ShareThis

Monday, September 23, 2013



The best part about being a blogger (yes, there is definitely something more important than getting "swag") is having the opportunity to be the voice of brands when they are doing good, I love helping spread the word about programs and initiative that help give back.  While I don't often get the chance to shop at Office Depot (mostly because the closest one is an hour away), I do love going in and shopping every chance I get and when I find out that they do their part to help kids in need for back-to-school, well, that just makes me want to spend my money there even more.

Every child deserves to start the school year with a backpack and essential school supplies, but the sad reality is many families can’t afford these items. Making a difference to change this is The Office Depot Foundation and its National Backpack Program, which over the past 12 years has provided more than 2.9 million backpacks to children around the world.
 
 
 
 

This year, to mark the 13th anniversary of the National Backpack Program, the Office Depot Foundation will donate 300,000 backpacks with essential school supplies to deserving children in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and internationally. By the end of 2013, Office Depot and the Office Depot Foundation will have donated more than 3 million backpacks and sackpacks since the inception of the program in 2001. But while these numbers are very large, the sackpacks make an impact on a singular level − one child at a time.  This year’s sackpacks designed in six different color combinations with kid-friendly graphics. Each one includes a zippered pouch containing a pen, pencil, pencil sharpener, eraser, 6” ruler and four crayons and I know that they made a huge impact on those lucky enough to snag one for back-to-school.
 
 
 
I love knowing that brands "get it", I appreciate being able to spend my money in a store that I know does their part to help those in need and give back and I love that Office Depot is one of those brands.  You can learn more about Office Depot's National Backpack Program online and make sure you "Like" Office Depot on Facebook, Follow @OfficeDepotFndn on Twitter for the latest news.
 
Disclosure:  I received samples of the products mentioned above in exchange for this post...all opinions are 100% my own!
 
 

1 comment :

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!